Friday, November 02, 2007

Watermelon + Monkey = Watermelonkey


IMG_1337.JPG
Originally uploaded by gldyas
I made myself a pair of Monkey socks at the beginning of October out of the Watermelon colorway I dyed on some Knitpicks Bare this summer. It was a fun, fairly fast knit. If I make the pattern again I will knit the purl stitches of the pattern, which should make it go even faster.

Today I bought some Bernat Organic Cotton to make a bunny toy for Pumpkin for Christmas (she can read now, but she doesn't read my blog, so I think I'm safe in mentioning it). She saw the pattern in the Knitted Toys book by Zoe Mellor I bought recently, and asked for one, and I think I have enough time to get one done for her before Christmams. I don't other holiday knitting commitments yet, but would like to make some ornaments. First step is to swatch the cotton.

This evening I have been working on the first sleeve of my Tilted Duster from the fall issue of Interweave Knits. I'm working it in the round rather than back and forth, and am just about ready to start shaping the sleeve cap. This is only the second shirt with sleeves that I've made for myself, and the first long-sleeved garment.

No comments: