Monday, May 02, 2005

Knitters Forum

Are you tired of talking to yourself in your blog comments? Do you want to pick the brains of other knitters, share patterns and tips, join knit-alongs, and talk yarn all in one place?

I am interested in beginning a free knitters discussion forum, using Limelight Community software. (See The Perfect World for another forum on this platform.) Limelight offers the ability to subscribe to topics, keep track of what you have read, save notable posts as bookmarks for future reference, search within threads, and highlight interesting discussions or questions, all via a simple, easy to use interface.

And did I mention free? Forum costs would be covered via an affiliate marketing program and voluntary subscriptions. I'm currently gauging whether there would be sufficient interest to make the venture worthwhile. Care to comment?

UPDATE - 5/7/05: I am moving ahead with the forum. If you would like to get a preview of the forum when available and offer comments in the testing phase, please send me an email.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a grand idea!

Do you want me to post on my blog to point folks to this announcement on your blog?

ShelbyD said...

That would be great! Thanks for offering.

Unknown said...

I think this is a great idea! Please let me know if you decide to do it and I can get the word out on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Are you a member of the "Crazy for Knitting" group on Flickr? That might be a good group to query about this.

ShelbyD said...

Thanks, Amy! I joined the Crazy for Knitting group and will definitely post an announcement there when the forum is up and running.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.