Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happy Birthday, Me!

The Itty Bitty Hats book by Susan Anderson has several cute ideas in it. I made my second hat from it for Bea over the last few days. It's the upside-down daisy hat, in dusty rose and white. I used some Lion Cotton that I bought on Saturday afternoon, at the local Hancock Fabrics going out of business sale. That's the second local craft chain store to go under in the last few months. I picked up the cotton, some Magic Stripes sock yarn, a pair of purse handles, many buttons, and some ribbon yarn for trim. It's the first yarn purchase I've made since New Year's Eve - I've been knitting from my stash these past few months.

A few of my work friends and I went out to lunch today to celebrate my birthday, and while we were waiting for our order I finished turning the heel and picked up the gusset on Ellie's rainbow sock. It's turning out pretty cute.

Over the weekend I finished Ellie's sweater. I decided to skip any sleeve worries by making it a shell-style tank. The 90+ weather this weekend was a contributing factor in that decision.

I need to take some photos of all this!

No comments: