Saturday, July 07, 2007

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned out the basket of yarn and abandoned projects in the corner of my bedroom. I moved the yarn worth saving into my main stash, and even got rid of a few small balls. There was a felted bag and a completed hat in there that I put into the bag of garage sale stuff.

The works in progress from the basket came out front and moved into my red knitting caddy of current work. Haiku, which I made for Pumpkin, had been sitting there, only lacking five buttons, since April 2005. The ChildHood sweater, also for Pumpkin, has been dormant since May of 2005.

My log cabin blanket was taking up a lot of room in the caddy, and it's too hot to knit a big wool blanket right now, so I took the needle tips off and moved it into one of the drawers in my stash closet, and cleaned out yarn ball bands and other detritus that had collected in the caddy.

With the log cabin out of the way and the resurrected projects added to the basket, I decided that I want to finish all of my work in the caddy, except for the Snowdrop Shawl, before I cast on for anything new. I've done a lot of yarn shopping lately and I have plenty of things I want to begin.

As of yesterday afternoon, the caddy contents were:

Limeade dishcloth
Haiku, needing buttons
Childhood - need half of a front, sleeves, and neck/button bands, plus finishing
Yarn for second sock of current pair (Math #1) - need to cast on
Love Me Al plastic bag bag - need to make more bag yarn
Snowdrop Shawl - exempted!

Last night, I sewed on the buttons on Haiku. Amazingly, it fits Pumpkin and she'll be able to wear it this fall. I finished the half-done front piece of ChildHood last night and started the first sleeve today. I took Pumpkin to a matinee of Ratatouille this morning and finished the Limeade washcloth.

So as of right now, the status is:
Limeade dishcloth - DONE!
Haiku, needing buttons - DONE!
Childhood, needing half of a front, sleeves, and neck/button bands, plus finishing - Front Done! Sleeve #1 in progress
Yarn for second sock of current pair (Math #1) - Will probably cast on tomorrow, as I'll be carpooling all week and socks are perfect traveling knits
Love Me Al plastic bag bag - need to make more bag yarn

I think I can be strong. Wish me luck!

No comments: