Monday, April 04, 2005

Intervention Required

Hi, my name is Shelby, and I'm a hat-oholic.

Ellie's baby doll is the proud owner of a new striped hat I finished on Saturday. I took some photos but haven't got them up yet.

I got almost two inches into another hat at lunch today with some of the mixed lot of yarn I got an eBay. I know that's it's 75% wool and 25% acrylic, dk weight, but I don't remember the brand - I had the genius idea of wrapping the ball of yarn around the label, so that I wouldn't lose it. It didn't dawn on me until too late that I won't be able to read it, either, until I get back down to the center of the ball. Idiocy.

Working with the wool is so nice, though. It's so springy and resilient. I haven't done any wool yarn since I made that scarf for Greg. The blend I'm using now doesn't bother me too much - my finger was only a bit itchy after an hour of knitting over lunch.

No comments: