Friday, May 14, 2010

On the needles

I've settled on my comfortable number of works in progress being between 3 and 5. (The eternal scrapghan is excluded from WIP calculation.) Fewer than that and I get bored, more than that and I feel pressured by my hobby. Sometimes I finish up a number of things all at once and get to cast on a bunch of new projects. Here's what I'm working on now:

Test knit shawlette: First up, and what I've been working on tonight, I am testing a lacy shawlette pattern for Christina of ClassicCableKnits (visit her blog for patterns and adorable baby) and so far it is gorgeous. I am using some Pagewood Farms Chugiak in the Mississippi Mud colorway. The yarn is so pretty that looking at it helped to take the sting out of having to tink back a few rows.

May project yarnway entry: I am learning to crochet for this challenge. My piece is about 90% complete. I need to finish up a stripe and weave in ends. More to come when it's finished.

Boheme baby sweater: knitting complete as of last night. Need to weave in ends and sew on buttons.

Back to Basics sock: May socks for personal sock club. I need more practice on toe-up socks so that they can be more automatic. Only about 15% done with the first sock of the pair.

Another ombre blanket: For Greg. I must love him a little bit to make two of these. This version is in Cascade 220.

Next up to cast on is another baby blanket - I sketched out the pattern today, bought yarn last night, and need to swatch.

No comments: