Monday, February 15, 2010

Olympic Amusement


photo.jpg
Originally uploaded by ShelbyD
I am participating in the Ravelympics again this year by attempting to knit a sweater during the Vancouver Games. This photo is my progress as of Sunday night. It isn't true to color - this is a lovely deep teal Dream in Color semisolid. The pattern is Amused, by Jordana Paige.

Progress so far:

Day 1 - opening ceremony: I cast on about 9:09 p.m. and worked up to getting the panels for the front cable joined to the body of the sweater. The yarn is really pretty.

Day 2 - ski jump and speed skating: Progress is somewhat slower than I had hoped. Just like downhill skiing, delays in starting were encountered: errands and laundry were my slush. I am still increasing the yoke and have three cable repeats done on the front panel. The Stitchminder app on my iPhone is proving invaluable as I keep track of multiple row counts and pattern repeats.

Day 3 - moguls, luge, biathlon, pairs skate: I have divided for the sleeves and done about another inch beyond that point. I’m trying to keep my knitting time spaced out with frequent breaks to avoid another bout of tendonitis.

No comments: