Wednesday, August 12, 2009

That Girl is Poison(ed)

I never want to work in the yard again. The one time I get ambitious and do a bit of pruning, I also manage to find the poison ivy lurking in the greenbelt. Since I'd never had it before, it took about a week for me to start breaking out, but it turns out that I am a delicate flower when it comes to poison ivy. A pudgy, cranky, delicate flower. I had blisters all over, one completely raw shoulder, and developed a charming little skin infection. My right arm swelled up such that I couldn't knit for four days. Even though I am now much better, my arms still look like I lost a fight with a badger.

I've got the beginnings of a sock to prove I'm on the mend. It's the August selection from my personal sock club. The pattern is Sunshine Socks and I'm using some KnitPicks Bare that I dyed a while back. I charted out the pattern for myself to make it easier to keep on track.

No comments: