I tried the rainbow sock on Ellie a few days ago, and it just didn't fit right in the leg. Much too baggy, though the foot was the right size. I think when I swatched for gauge, I didn't take the elasticness of the yarn and the non-elastic properties of the pattern into account. So it's back into a ball to be restarted. Between this and the blazer, I am cutting down on my current projects by backing up rather than by finishing, which is a bit depressing.
I started up the second basketweave sock after frogging Ellie's sock, and have finished the ribbing. The kids have been a bit under the weather, so I've been doing more cuddling and less knitting for the last few evenings.